Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice – Our Promises
A copy of the Code of Practice can be found here.
Credit unions, building societies and mutual banks subscribe to the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
Our 7 Key Promises to You
- We will deliver banking services in the interests of our customers.
- We will obey the law.
- We will not mislead or deceive.
- We will act honestly and fairly.
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose.
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to our community.
As a regulated financial institution we are also required to comply with:
- Responsible financial management requirements (under the Banking Act 1959, regulated by APRA)
- Corporate and financial services’ licensing, advice and training and disclosure regulation (under the Corporations Act 2001 regulated by ASIC)
- Consumer credit laws
- Privacy, fair trading and other Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation
Accessibility and Communications Services
National Relay Service
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, the National Relay Service (NRS) can help you to talk to us over the phone. Contact the NRS on a number below and ask for 1300 688 825:
- TTY – call 133 677 and ask for
- Speak & listen – call 1300 555 727
- SMS relay – text 0423 677 767
National Translating and Interpreting Service
If English isn’t your first language, you can speak to us using an interpreter by calling the National Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and asking for 1300 688 825.