From 5 October 2021, this page will include the Target Market Determinations for financial products issued by SCCU.
What’s a Target Market Determination?
A Target Market Determination (TMD) is a document created to better help you, the customer, understand who a product is appropriate for. It outlines what other considerations or conditions may be relevant, to help you make an informed decision that is consistent with your objectives, financial situations and needs. It also makes clear how a you can access the product, and any conditions around how we distribute the product to our customers. It also describes the events or circumstances where we may need to review the TMD for a financial product.
A TMD is available for all products and covers:
• the type of customers who comprise the product’s target market;
• any conditions and restrictions on how the product can be distributed to customers;
• events or circumstances that will require SCCU to review the Target Market Determination for a financial product; and
• (for some products) the information that third party distributors must provide SCCU.
Understanding What’s Right For You
TMD’s are a useful tool in assessing whether the terms and features of a product are suited to your needs and what’s important to you. This includes aspects such as:
• Rate Types
• Inclusions & Exclusions
• Special Conditions & Criteria
• Fees & Charges