Reduce the manual data entry!
SCCU account feeds can be integrated with both MYOB and Xero accounting software to reduce the manual data entry usually required to reconcile accounts. If you use either of these systems and would like to set up your SCCU account feed, use the below links to get started.Contact Us
Account feeds allow information from SCCU to be sent straight to AccountRight so you can save time on your data entry. They’re included with an AccountRight subscription and can be used with both online and offline company files.Connect to MYOB
- Get bank transactions from SCCU automatically imported into Xero
- Transactions will appear in Xero every Tuesday to Saturday by 2am (AEST)
- Add your bank accounts in Xero, check they’re eligible, then apply by application form
- Your feed will start within 10 working days
We’ve seen recently that some of our mutual customers are selecting the bank feed name ‘Southern Cross CU (Australia) – Banking’ when adding account details to Xero.
This is the incorrect bank feed name, therefore they’re unable to download the application form.
The correct bank feed name is: ‘Southern Cross Credit Union’
We’ve also seen some of our mutual customers selecting the account type ‘Everyday’, which is an unsupported account type for bank feeds, therefore the application will not download.
Eligible account types for bank feeds are:
- Loan accounts
- Savings accounts
- Term deposit accounts
To update account details such as bank feed name:
- In the Accounting menu, select Bank accounts.
- Next to the bank account you’d like to edit, click Manage Account.
- Click Edit Account Details.
- Remove the details in the ‘Your Bank’ field, then start typing the new bank name.
- Select ‘Southern Cross Credit Union’ from the drop-down.
- Edit the account type to Loan, Savings or Term Deposit
- Click Save.
Once this is done, click the Get Bank Feeds button.
If you’re still having issues with this after following these steps, please get in touch with Xero Support directly.
Australian Banking Association (ABA) files are used to make payments to multiple other bank accounts. They’re often used by businesses to pay their employees.
An ABA file can be generated from within the payment module of Xero and MYOB accounting software using the following details:
- Financial Institution Code: SNX
- APCA/Direct Entry ID: 440000
The file can then be uploaded into your Net Banking by:
- Selecting Payments Menu > Multiple Transfers
- Click Upload
- Choose file (Browse to the ABA file exported from Xero or MYOB)
- Enter a Batch Description to identify the batch in NetBanking for scheduling
- Enter a Reference to appear on the transactions in your statement
- Uncheck [Post as Total] so the transactions are each listed separately to allow reconciliation with the transaction fee
- Click Upload
- Schedule the batch transfer on the Multiple Transfers page.